Thursday, May 1, 2008

Time to Plant A Garden


Hey everyone.  If you are planning on planting a garden this would be a great place to share tips.  I have one.  Wait until you can really stick a fork in winter and declare it done before planting your frost sensitive plants.  I got a bee in my bonnet this week and planted my garden on Monday and wouldn't you know, it snowed last night.  I used Wall of Waters and old yogurt cartons and sour cream containers, old buckets bowls, beach pails, and whatever else I could find to cover the plants that hate cold.  It seemed to work. (I hope, I actually haven't been out to check on them yet).
Also here a couple of good reference links.  Please add whatever other links you have found to have helpful tips.

4 comments:

Mindi said...

I hope your plants survived! I am planning to go buy my transplants today, harden them off for 2 days, and plant Saturday. Have you used the water wells before? I am curious about their success rate.

Anna said...

This is my first year using them. Actually, I planted some tomatoes way back in late March, but the tops got open and snow got in and, sadly they died. But I think had they been closed off they would have survived. Oh well.

Bill Hastings said...

Is that your garden in the photo? If so, I'm impressed!

Anna said...

No, no, not my garden. But give it a couple months...