Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Zesty Three Bean Salad

2 T. olive oil

2 T. lime juice

2 T. light terriyaki sauce

2 tsp. lime zest

2 T. chopped cilantro

1-15 oz can chick peas

1-15 oz can black beans

1-15 oz can kidney beans

1/2 c. finely diced red onion

1 c. diced or shredded carrots

1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved

salt & pepper

Combine oil and seasonings. Add rest of ingredients. Toss. Serve. Better if made ahead and chilled 30 min. or longer.

We had this in VA and it was sooo good, and, my kids just loved it!

2 comments:

AnneMarie said...

Maren, I think you must be the best mom on the planet, or one of them at least, because my children would run, run, run at the sight of this bean salad and yours "just loved it". I am so jealous.

Maren said...

I was surprised that they liked it, but, Finn had seconds! I am FAAAARRRR from the best mom, just trying yo pass as a good one!