Friday, April 11, 2008

Delicious Brussel Sprouts

Not everyone is a fan of these veggies.  I was forced to eat them as a child and now don't have a problem with them.  But my kids do.  Millie made some delicious sprouts a few Thanksgivings ago that everyone devoured with gusto.  They featured bacon and onions and were amazing.  I bought some and made them as a side dish last night, without the bacon.  I fried up some butter and onion in a pot then added the peeled and chopped brussel sprouts, and fried them up a bit.  Then I added about a 1/2 cup of chicken broth and let them steam.  They were really good.  My kids didn't love them (yet), but ate them without tears.  I also thought they might be good with a bit of balsamic vinegar.  I'll  have to try that out soon.

1 comment:

AnneMarie said...

I made these on Sunday for dinner. They were delicious! My kids tried them, no tears but no love either... Progress!