Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ratatouille

I usually make this with what I have on hand and many times that does not include eggplant, at these times I increase the amount of zuchinni and sometimes thow in yellow squash. I rarely follow this recipie exactly, just throw it all together and it always comes out great. I serve this over rice or couscous, but Johns step-mom, whose recipie this is, would hollow out the zuchinnis before chopping and after cooking it all together would put it back in the shells and bake with cheese on top for 10 minutes and serve as a side.
1 medium eggplant, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 zuchinni, diced
Saute in olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add;
16 oz tomatoes (with juice)
Put in baking dish and cover with 1/2 cup each parmesean and mozzerela cheese. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
I usually just cook it on the stovetop until its done and dispense with the oven. I let people put their own cheese on at the table.

4 comments:

KMDuff said...

The Flexitarian Table is an awesome cookbook you would love. I have posted a few other fun recipes you might like at duffabcs.blogspot.com.

(Maren sent me over here.)

Anna said...

I hope you don't mind kmduff if I add your blog as a link?

KMDuff said...

feel free. :)

David and Kris Taylor said...

Ratatouille is great with fresh tomatoes in the summer, or Costco campari tomatoes when they are starting to turn (as good vegetables should).

Looks delicious.

D.