Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wheat Grinders

First, I want to say thanks to Anna! Great blog topic and I'm really looking forward to some cool collaboration with all of you--and great recipes too.

I was making a comment on the earlier post about wheat in response to Millie's question about wheat grinders when I thought that perhaps it would be better to get some of this information in another post as to not detract from the discussion about finding organic wheat, etc.

Also, because it seems like there are dozens of options out there: from stone grinders with serious horsepower, to grinder attachments for your stand mixer, to simple hand grinders. Depending on your need or interest and budget, there is a lot of information to be sifted. For a basic explanation of the different kinds of grinding options available, I found this website. I haven't done any other serious searching except to find out that the grinder I currently have is just like this one being sold on Ebay. It is a work horse and apparently it can grind more than just wheat, like corn. I hadn't ever thought about stuff like that, but it gets me thinking......

Anyway, this is just to help organize any information found on this topic.

1 comment:

Anna said...

How much do you grind at a time? If you had a hand mill would you do less at a time, like just what you needed for a recipe?