Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tried Lentils Lately?


Kris has been making lentil soup lately, and it is delicious. Katy brought a recipe for lentil soup with cilantro and tomatoes home from WA. I will post the recipe later. Lentils are super cheap, healthy, and full of protien and can be made into beautiful soups. Best of all, they don't need to be soaked before cooking and they cook quickly.

Whilst in England we had a DELICIOUS Puy Lentil Soup at the Orangery at Kensington Palace. I haven't found puy lentils here yet, but haven't tried SLC or the crazy-guy's import store.


Lentils are good enough to make Esau surrender his birthright to Jacob! (Gen. 25: 29-30, 34) I will post some recipes soon.

D.

3 comments:

millie said...

I'm making lentil soup tonight actually. We have some pink lentils that I got from the crazy guy. I bet you could also try Good Earth. They have a wide variety of grains and bean type things. If I like the soup, I'll post it's recipe as well.

Jennette said...

Ummmm...that sounds so good. I looove lentils, especially in lentil soup. We must eat it once a week all winter. And I love that I can say (with pride!) that my kids have each declared lentil soup to be their favorite food. We use the soup recipe from Cooks Illustrated 1000 Best Recipes.

Anna said...

Post those lentil recipes everyone!